Our Meal Of The Day 14/04/17 is a MealOfTheDay.co.uk Own Recipe!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Chinese Style is surprisingly easy to make once you know how and tastes as great as a restaurant!
- 1lb Chicken Breast (2-3 depending on size)
- 50g Corn Flour
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- Salt + Pepper to season
- Vegetable Oil (Enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- 1 Bell Peppers
- 3 Spring Onions (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Red Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 100ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2tbsp Soy Sauce
- 120g Honey
- 50g Tomato Ketchup
- Sesame Seeds (A Pinch)
- Fresh Coriander
- White Rice
- Prepare Vegetables.
- Prepare Sauce – Whisk: Apple Cider Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Honey and Tomato Ketchup until bound together and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast in to small 5cm chunks and fully coat with Corn Starch in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Fill the bottom of a Wok Or Skillet with Vegetable Oil, enough to cover the bottom generously and heat to a simmer. Enough so that when you drop a tiny bit of chicken in it sizzles and moves around the pan
- Dip each chicken piece in to the beaten egg covering it lightly and then place in to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook chicken pieces until they start to turn golden, (If there is a lot of oil you can drain some of it off to brown the chicken faster) then add all of the Vegetables.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes then add in the sauce.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for a further 4-5 minutes depending on how thick you want the sauce.
- Serve on a bed of rice and sprinkle sesame seeds and coriander on top.