This Chorizo & Artichoke Rice Bake is super easy to make and will have you in and out of the kitchen in under an hour including prep!
Serves 6 – Approximately £1.16 Per Serving – (£7.00 Total)
- 300g Uncooked Rice – (£0.50)
- 200g Chorizo / 1 Pack of Linda McCartney Vegetarian Chorizo & Red Pepper Sausages – (£2.00)
- 120g Green Beans – (£1.00)
- 600ml Vegetable Stock – (£0.25)
- 200g Sun-dried Tomatoes – (£1.20)
- 150g Grilled Artichokes Antipasti – (£1.20)
- 2 Onions (Chopped) – (£0.20)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Crushed) – (£0.15)
- 1 Lemon (Grated Zest) – (£0.30)
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme – (£0.10)
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika (£0.10)
1 – Preheat Oven to 200˚C Gas Mark 6. Rinse Rice in three changes of water and leave to soak until needed. Boil the kettle ready for the Vegetable Stock.
2 – Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry off the Onions until browned. Add in Garlic and fry for another minute.
3 – Cut the Chorizo in to small chunks. In another pan start to fry the Chorizo until it’s charred when adding to an ovenproof dish.
4 – Add the Paprika and fry for one minute. Add the Green Beans, Sun-dried Tomatoes and fry for another minute.
5 – Drain the Rice and add to the pan and stir in. Add the Lemon Zest and Chorizo and stir in. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
6 – Pour over the Vegetable Stock until all rice is covered completely. Top with sprigs of Thyme and move in to the oven. Bake for 35 Minutes or until Golden on top and a the water has all gone when checking. Add Artichokes 5 Minutes before removing from the oven.