Serves 4 – Approximately £2.31 Per Serving – (£9.25 Total)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Cut in to large strips or halved) – (£3.50)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Crushed) – (£0.10)
- 100g Sun-dried Tomatoes (With a tiny amount of the oil on them) – (£0.60)
- Thyme Leaves (3 Sprigs worth) – (£0.10)
- Rosemary Leaves (3 Sprigs worth) – (£0.10)
- 500ml Chicken / Vegetable Stock – (£0.25)
- 400ml Extra-Thick Cream – (£1.75)
- 100g Grated Parmesan – (£1.50)
- Salt & Pepper (£0.05)
- 300g Orzo (75g Per Person) – (£1.30)
1 – Preheat Oven to 200˚C Gas Mark 6. Heat a skillet on a medium heat and fry off the chicken breast until golden brown but not cooked through. Remove from the Skillet and remove or reduce the excess juice.
2 – Lower the heat. Add a small amount of oil to the pan and fry the garlic for a minute careful not to burn it. Add the Rosemary and Thyme and fry off for a few minutes.
3 – Add the Sun-dried Tomatoes and fry for a few minutes until there’s only a small amount of oil left in the pan. Add the Extra-Thick Cream and bring to a simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4 – Stir in the Parmesan until melted in then add the chicken breasts and cover with sauce.
5 – Place the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
6 – Cook the orzo to the instructions on the pack. Serve sauce and chicken over Orzo.