Serves 4 – Approximately £1.84 Per Serving – (£7.35 Total)
- 4 Carrots (Chopped into 1cm pieces) – (£0.15)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Crushed) – (£0.15)
- 1L Vegetable Stock – (£0.50)
- 2 tbs Gluten Free Flour (£0.10)
- 3 tbs Honey (£0.45)
- 1 tbs Soy Sauce (£0.30)
- 1 Bay Leaf (£0.10)
- 2 tbs Medium Curry Powder (£0.40)
- 1 ts Garam Masala (£0.10)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Cut into strips) – (£3.50)
- 150g Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (Mrs Crimbles) – (£1.00)
- 2 Eggs (Beaten) – (£0.10)
- 100g Gluten Free Flour (£0.25)
1 – Bread the chicken by first rolling it in flour, then dipping in egg then the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all strips and place on a baking sheet lined tray. Preheat Oven to 200˚C Gas Mark 6.
2 – Heat oil in a large pan and add the chopped carrot and cover with lid, Cook for 5 minutes, add the crushed garlic and cook with lid on for another 5 minutes until the carrots are starting to soften.
3 – Stir in the flour and curry powder then slowly pour in the vegetable stock whilst stirring to avoid clumping.
4 – Add in the Honey, Soy Sauce and Bay Leaf. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, then add the garam masala, then cook for a further 5 minutes or until the sauce is runny but not too thick.
5 – Whilst the sauce is reducing add the chicken to the oven and cook thoroughly until breadcrumbs are crispy golden brown.
6 – Optional – Strain the sauce if you prefer it smooth or if prefered leave the carrots in.
7 – Serve with rice.